Dubai is known for its welcoming business environment for new entrepreneurs. With a desirable zero percent tax regime, numerous incentives, and incubator schemes available for start-ups to thrive and grow, Dubai offers many opportunities for entrepreneurs to start their new businesses in Dubai. Here are the top 5 profitable businesses to start in Dubai.
Health Start-Ups & Healthcare Professionals:
- There is a massive demand for professional healthcare service providers and facilities in Dubai. Therefore, there is a growing need for more medical doctors, nurses, paramedical staff, and other skilled healthcare workers.
- The government itself encourages new investors and entrepreneurs to invest in the healthcare industry to provide better medical facilities. It has set up a separate sector for healthcare located in Dubai. Hence, Health start-ups have one of the best business opportunities in Dubai.
- There are also plenty of opportunities for health & wellness sector professionals, such as personal fitness trainers, masseuses, holistic therapists, and wellness experts, and traders in vitamins and health supplements.
Construction & Real Estate Businesses:
- The demand for new high-rise buildings, structures, skyscrapers, hotels, and resorts with modern designs and architecture has always existed in Dubai. So, a myriad of industrial, residential, and commercial projects are undertaken in Dubai every year. This opens a huge door of opportunities for civil engineers, construction firms, building contractors, architects, real estate developers, traders of raw materials and equipment used in construction, and other real estate professionals.
- The real estate industry in Dubai is famous for its impressive returns. There are countless opportunities to double your investment in the construction and housing sectors.
- With an increase in the number of expatriates in Dubai, there is also an increasing demand for real estate consultants who deal in buying, selling, renting, and leasing of properties and provide property management services in Dubai.
E-commerce/Web Development/IT Companies:
- Thousands of new businesses get launched in Dubai every year, and they all need websites and online presence. Therefore, e-commerce, web development, mobile app development, digital marketing, and other technology businesses are trending in the IT sector for investments. This proposes limitless opportunities for setup technology companies like web professionals, IT professionals, and e-commerce companies as more and more businesses go online.
- With digitization growing rapidly in the region, there will be a continuing demand for Webpreneurs.
- Dubai aims to become the world’s smartest city by 2021, and the region has become an international attraction for tech-based businesses, start-ups, and IT companies.
- There are several hubs for tech-based industries, including Dubai Internet City and the Dubai Silicon Oasis, which are integrated technology parks featuring state-of-the-art infrastructure, and smart technologies.
Hotels, Restaurants & Food Businesses
- Restaurants and food businesses are known to thrive everywhere, at all times. Dubai, in particular, has around a third of residents eating out on average at least 2-3 times per week. Also, 17% eat out or order takeaway every day. And with millions of tourists visiting Dubai each year, there’s always growing demand for various foods and cuisines from across the world.
- Low investment opportunities in the food business include opening a food truck, market stall, or cafeteria.
- There are also opportunities in food trading as Dubai handles over 70% of UAE food imports, and then re-exporting to over 160 countries.
- Food delivery businesses also thrive in Dubai as many working people usually order food from popular food chains.
Oil & Gas Industry Businesses:
- Most of the riches presently available in the UAE come from the country’s oil & gas sector. Hence, the oil and gas industry has remained a dominant sector in Dubai. All operations, including exploration, extraction, production, transportation, and distribution of oil and gas, generate high revenues for investors. The oil sector has enough opportunities to attract new investors who can either start their businesses from scratch or partner with existing companies.
Setting up a business in Dubai in any sector can be a daunting task. You need to have a deep understanding of the processes involved in license registration, completing legal formalities, and applying for visas. Therefore, it is best to seek professional advice for business setup in Dubai.