Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE and the largest emirate, constituting more than three-quarters of the country’s area. Abu Dhabi is also one of the fastest-growing, prosperous, and wealthiest markets globally, making it a viable and preferred location to start a business in the Middle East.
Why Set Up a Business in Abu Dhabi?
The emirate offers diverse investment opportunities and a business-friendly environment that are ideal for companies to grow and evolve. The following is a list of the top 20 reasons why you should consider setting up a business in Abu Dhabi:
- Strategic location with close access to European, Asian, and African markets
- Access to UAE markets
- Ideal commercial and legislative policies, liberal laws and regulations
- No capital gains or corporate and personal income taxes
- 100% foreign ownership in most professional services
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No currency restrictions or forex controls, quotas, or trade barriers
- Competitive freight charges and import duties
- A two-year business license issued for selected activities, with no government fee in the second year
- Easy access to seaports and airports
- State-of-the-art telecommunications and transportation systems
- Abundant, inexpensive, and reliable energy supply
- Sophisticated financial and services sector
- A top destination for international exhibitions and conferences
- High standard of living and a cosmopolitan lifestyle
- World-class infrastructure and top-notch amenities in healthcare, education, recreation, hospitality, and real estate sectors
- Simple staff recruitment procedures
- Fewer nationality restrictions for company ownership or issuing visas
- No restrictions in taking up contracts and tenders for government entities
- Simple, transparent, and flexible business setup procedures
Company Formation Options Available in Abu Dhabi:
- Mainland Company
- Offshore Company
- Free Zone Company
Company Legal Forms / Entity Types Possible in Abu Dhabi:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Sole Proprietorship
- Partnership Firms
- Public Shareholding Companies
- Joint Ventures
- Branch of a local UAE company
- Branch of a foreign company
- Foreign Representative Offices
Step-By-Step Process for Setting Up a Business in Abu Dhabi:
Step 1: Determine the type of Business Activities the company intends to undertake.
Step 2: Find a Local Sponsor (a service agent or a company owned by UAE nationals) to set up a Mainland company.
Step 3: Determine the Legal Entity type for the business.
Step 4: Register the Trade Name of the company.
Step 5: Complete Licensing Requirements.
Step 6: Get special approvals.
Step 7: Obtain initial approval certificate.
Step 8: Pay the legal fee for getting the business license issued
Entrepreneurs can have everything they dream of while setting up a business in Abu Dhabi. But it can become quite challenging for them to go through all the steps of company formation alone in a foreign land. Hence, it is best to get professional help from business set up consultants in Abu Dhabi.