The UAE is home to millions of Expats and professionals who rely on cleaning services companies for upkeeping their properties. That is why cleaning services is one of the most lucrative and rewarding business activities in the UAE. Cleaning services include residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, and industrial cleaning. Cleaning businesses generally involve lower setup costs than other businesses and can start operations immediately after their launch. The following is a step-by-step approach to start a cleaning business in Dubai.
8 Steps in Starting a Cleaning Business in Dubai
- Do Your Industry Research:
- Cleaning services range from individual home cleaning to specialised industrial cleaning. You should identify the focus of your service offering early on because the cost of your initial business investment will depend on it. For example, offering cleaning services to the industrial sector will need expensive machinery and a large team of cleaning professionals, thus, requiring a heavier investment than a simple home-cleaning service.
- Competitor Analysis:
- Keeping a tab on your competitors is vital to any business planning. So, you should analyse your business competitors thoroughly.
- Also, identify exclusive cleaning services that other cleaning companies are not providing.
- Establish Your Target Market:
- Next, you need to establish your target market based on your customer demographics and formulate a business plan.
- Based on your identified target market, you need to start building your network of connections.
- Choose Your Business Location:
- Dubai offers three different business zones, via Mainland, Free Zone, and Offshore. You can choose the location option that best suits your business needs.
- Your cleaning business location should be close to localities where there is a frequent need for cleaning services. It should be visible and have enough traffic.
- Obtain a Business License:
- Obtaining a license for a cleaning business in Dubai is easy, but it helps to have some connections in the cleaning services sector of the country. The Department of Economic Development (DED) offers three types of licenses.
- Residential Licence: This license is for businesses that will provide cleaning services to households and residential properties.
- Commercial Licence: This license will permit businesses to provide cleaning services to commercial properties only.
- Industrial Licence: This license is for businesses that will provide cleaning services to industries and big offices.
- Hire Skilled Workforce:
- After obtaining the business license, your company should employ a trained and skilled workforce before launching the cleaning services. Your customer service professionals must be fluent in Arabic, English, Urdu, and Hindi languages.
- Know the Government Rules and Regulations:
- Keep yourself well-informed about the latest changes in the UAE government or environmental authority rules and regulations that will affect your cleaning business.
- Invest in Advertising:
- For offline marketing, you will need to print business cards and flyers to create a presence in the market.
- You will also need to invest in digital marketing as it helps to generate more business in the long run. Build your website and social media channels to keep an extensive online presence.
Starting a cleaning business in Dubai is easy and has enormous growth potential. However, the business setup process may become challenging for you. That is why it is recommended to seek professional help.
If you are looking to start a thriving cleaning business in Dubai and need more information, our business setup consultants at Creative Zone can help you. We provide all the help and support you need to start your own cleaning business in the emirate and make it a successful and profitable venture in no time. Call us at 800 LICENSE (5423673) to speak to one of our company formation advisors today!