Sharjah Media City (SHAMS) was launched in the emirate of Sharjah in January 2017. It is a Free Zone media hub for creative, trading, and media businesses. To set up a company in Sharjah Media City (SHAMS) and carry on your business, you will need to procure a license from the Sharjah Media City Free Zone Authority. Shams free zone issues licenses to companies, freelancers, and entrepreneurs who work in the media, technology, and creative industries.
Types of Licenses Issued in Sharjah Media City:
There are four types of licenses issued to operate businesses in Shams. They are:
- Service License: This license is issued for production, re-production, transformation, and distribution of services. Service license includes rendering services as the primary objective and utilizing goods to provide them.
- Trading License: This license is required to sell goods within Shams, or to import and export goods. It includes the movement of goods, wholesale and retail sale of goods, and rendering of services related to the sale of these goods.
- Industrial License: This license allows for the production, re-production, transformation, and manufacturing of goods.
- Holding License
These licenses cover more than 120 business activities. You can combine multiple activities in your license.
SHAMS Company Formation:
Sharjah Media City is an affordable free zone for entrepreneurs. Registration of your company in SHAMS can be done 100% remotely, whether you are in UAE or abroad. The registration process takes 7 days.
Documents Required for Company Setup in SHAMS:
To set up a company in Shams free zone, entrepreneurs are required to submit one or more of the following documents to the concerned authorities based on the type of legal entity:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
- Board resolution to establish a new company
- Board resolution to establish a new branch
- Board resolution giving signatory authorization or Power of attorney for the third party
- Certificate of good standing
- Valid trade license
- Supporting documents:
- Passport copy of the individual shareholder
- Passport copy of the Director and the Company Secretary
- Passport copy and UAE visa of General Manager
The foreign investor needs to get visas before or during the SHAMS free zone company setup process. A company is eligible to apply up to 6 visas. All visas are valid for three years.
The two types of visas available are:
- Investor/Partner visa
- Employment visa
When you apply for a resident visa under SHAMS free zone license, you need to procure health insurance or sign an undertaking letter that you intend to do it within the next 10 months.
If you are looking to set up a company in Sharjah Media City, then get in touch with business setup consultants like Creative Zone. We provide personalized consultancy and support services to our clients to help them incorporate their company in Sharjah Media City free zone. We take care of all the company formation processes, including inception, licensing, creating an ideal corporate structure, and more. Call +971 4407 0540 or Fill an Online Form to schedule a free consultation with one of our company formation advisors today!