It is wise to be well informed, and especially so when setting up a new company or establishing a branch of an existing business entity in an unknown but potentially lucrative region like the UAE.
Whether you are an entrepreneur with a penchant for startups, a driven employee looking for greater opportunities or a highly experienced and seasoned business owner – it’s hard to be an expert in everything. The most important services to pay for are those in which you have the least experience and understanding.
Take note from one of the most successful and astute entrepreneurs of the modern era. While at times controversial, Donald Trump leaves no doubt to the value he places on good advice. “Watch, listen, and learn. You can’t know it all yourself. Anyone who thinks they do is destined for mediocrity.”
There are crucial points in the company registration process and the overall evolution of a business when it is imperative to seek guidance from an expert. A professional business set up advisor will help you establish the right foundations for your startup. Seeking assistance from those with a proven record will ensure you don’t make expensive mistakes or waste your time on futile endeavors.
The top ten checklist to consider when choosing the right advisor for your new business venture;
- They listen to you and ask effective questions.
- They respect you and understand the nature of your business.
- They respond to you in a timely manner.
- They have established industry connections.
- They know the local laws and administrative processes in minute detail.
- They are flexible and will customize solutions and strategies to suit.
- They have clients who are willing to provide real testimonials and feedback.
- They can confidently convey the value of their services and advice.
- They have unique skills and acquired knowledge, which they share freely.
- They have proven experience.
“Always consider who you’re learning from. Don’t listen to people who are not experiencing the success you want.” – Ehab Atalla, The Secrets of Business.
While starting a business can be mentally and physically demanding, it can also be extremely rewarding – both personally and financially. Having experts on hand to smoothly facilitate the entire process, will allow you to focus on the day-to-day operations of your business that ultimately contribute to profits.
When evaluating the intrinsic value of such advice it is important to note the type of relationship you will have beyond the actual issuing of trade licenses. Look to those who strive to add value, keep you informed of changes in industry and government regulations, help you make relevant introductions, respect you and are proactively committed to helping you grow your business.