There have long been many great reasons to start a business in Qatar. One of the richest countries in the world in terms of GDP, it is home to a discerning and welcoming business community.
Many foreign investors set up in the country thanks to its tried and tested business incorporation processes, its incredible infrastructure and its 0% tax rate on personal income and personal gains.
And right now, there are more eyes on Qatar than ever before. Next year sees the arrival on the FIFA World Cup, which is sure to generate interest in the country, as well as bring millions of visitors from every corner of the globe to its shores. Football’s flagship event is expected to boost the local economy by around USD 20bn – that’s approximately 11% of Qatar’s GDP.
Start your business in Qatar with Creative Zone and the benefits will continue to grow. We can guide you through the entire formation processes, including licensing and visas.
In this article, we’ll show you:
- The benefits of starting a business in Qatar
- The company setup options in Qatar
- The steps to start a business in Qatar
- Why work with Creative Zone?
What are the benefits of starting a business in Qatar?
Qatar is one of the safest and most economically stable countries in the world, recently ranking first in the Middle East and sixth in the world in the HSBC Expat Explorer Survey.
As already mentioned, Qatar’s residents and business owners benefit from 0% tax on most income as well as a famed ease of doing business, plus robust company formation and legal procedures.
The country is also home to a large and diverse economy, capable of supporting businesses across a wide range of industries.
The company setup options in Qatar
There are many ways for a foreign company or investor to set up a business in Qatar. There are multiple Free Zones in the region like the Qatar Free Zone, which is connected to the Hamad International Airport, the Umm Al Houl sea port, Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP), Qatar Media City, and Qatar Financial Centre.
Companies establishing in Qatar Free Zone can enjoy the following benefits:
- 0% income tax
- 100% foreign ownership with full capital repatriation
- Branch or LLC structuring options
- Access to investment funding
- Robust laws in data protection and protecting intellectual property
- Zero customs duties
- Availability of residence visa
Full access to Qatar’s double taxation treaty network with over 65 countries
Qatar also allows for a Limited Liability Company (LLC), Foreign Branch Office, and Trade Representative Office.
When setting up in the mainland, foreign investors must work with a local partner who holds a 51% stake in the business. However, they do not take a share of profits. Nor are they involved in decision making.
Steps to start a business in Qatar
Whether you opt to start a business in the Qatar mainland or a free zone, when you work with Creative Zone, the process takes just eight steps:
1. Company Name Reservation: This is done in compliance with the rules of the country, and we’ll explain these to you at your consultation. We can also help you reserve your trade name with the Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
2. Draft the Memorandum of Association (MOA) or Articles of Association: This document is crucial as it outlines the relevant details of the company and its objectives.
3. Attestation: The MOA/AOA is then to be attested by the relevant authority under the Ministry of Justice.
4. License application: Only once the MOA / AOA is verified, that the trade license and tax certificate can be applied. When making your application, you will need to submit a completed form, an outline of your business activities, and some or all of the following documents:
- Proof of ID and address for directors and shareholders
- Passport copies for shareholders and directors
- Copy of trade name confirmation
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
5. Office space: It is mandatory for mainland companies to have an address of a commercial office space against its name.
6. Business documents: Once the trade license is obtained, we’ll help you apply for your establishment card from the Ministry of Interior.
7. Tax registration: We’ll help you get your Tax Identification Number (TIN) registered with the Public Revenue and Tax Authority.
8. Company Seal: Once received, your company is ready to trade.
Why work with Creative Zone?
Here are five great reasons to start your business in Qatar with Creative Zone:
1 — VALUE YOUR MONEY
Our business set up services are rated the highest in the market, and we have secured that by providing our clients with a much-needed peace of mind throughout the whole process and beyond. So, whether you only want a visa, assistance in business setup, or are looking for long-term business support, our prices are every bit value for money.
2 — CUSTOMER CENTRIC
We provide the same care and attention with consistent focus on delivering high quality of service to all our clients. Whether you are a small startup or a big brand you can be sure that we will serve you to the best of our capabilities.
3 — TRANSPARENCY
All our fees are clearly laid out with no hidden costs. In the company incorporation business, there are several costs that are not made known to clients beforehand. We take time to explain every step and the prices involved to avoid any unpleasant situation.
4 — INTERNATIONAL
We serve clients from all across the world. Our staff of more than 200 professionals speak 22 languages and are experts in supporting a range of business needs long after incorporation.
5 — EASE OF SETUP
Almost all documents for your business setup can be submitted remotely or online with our assistance, making the process fast and efficient. We can also pick up and drop documents to your home free of charge.
How to open your business in Qatar with Creative Zone
All businesses require a license to trade in Qatar. And while the steps required are not too complicated, a certain amount of prior knowledge is required. Specifically, it is vital to ensure that all of your applications for business license and visa are completely free from mistakes.
This can be somewhat stressful, so as we have advised throughout this article, the fast-track to getting up and running is through working with a company formation specialist.
Here at Creative Zone, we offer you the best solutions to starting your company. You get fast, reliable and unbiased advice on your unique business setup requirements. We can help you choose the right kind of license for your business activity, and take you through the entire process from start to finish.
You can let us deal with the hassle of registering a company while you focus on your business. And working with us means you get the best budget friendly and cost-effective solution to help make your business dream a reality.
Over 10 years, Creative Zone has helped more than 45,000 entrepreneurs set up their businesses. Whether it be a mainland business setup, offshore company setup, free zone company setup, or issuing of trade licenses and any related activity for registering a company, Creative Zone is your one-stop-shop.