The consulting sector in the UAE is big business, with the country showing growth of 12% between 2016 and 2019. Meanwhile, the consulting sector in the wider GCC region is valued at over USD 3bn.
The demand for IT consulting is always high, but other areas are equally exciting – these include risk management consulting, corporate consulting, and strategy consulting.
In this article, we will look at:
- Benefits of starting a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
- Steps to start a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
- Cost of starting a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
- Documents required to start a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
- Working with Creative Zone
Benefits of starting a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
Just some of the benefits include:
- You can be flexible in your work: You are able to choose the hours you work, the clients you take on, the mixture of in-person and online work you select, and so on. In short, you can make your schedule work for you.
- You can have variety in your work: You will be able to work with many different clients, often with very different issues they are facing, all of which keeps your working life interesting.
- The chance for growth: With such a dynamic business environment in Dubai (particularly with Expo2020 now underway) the need for consultants across a variety of industries has never been greater.
- Start small – or big: Whether you set up as a freelancer or as a company, you can start at (and grow to) a size that works for you, at and your own pace.
Steps to start a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
The next question to address when getting a consulting license in Dubai is the actual process of applying. The first two questions to resolve are as follows:
Decide on your business activity: It is vital that your chosen activity aligns exactly with the business activity you are going to undertake. To make sure everything here is clear and compliant, it’s worth bringing in the services of a company formation specialist to avoid fines or even cancellation of your license.
Choose a company name: The UAE is fairly strict when it comes to naming companies, so it’s important to be aware of the regulations. Essentially, you must avoid any language that could be seen as offensive or blasphemous. You must avoid any name that is already held by a well-known organisation. If you’re naming your company after yourself, ensure that you don’t abbreviate your name. So Jonathan Smith Consulting is fine, but J. Smith Consulting is not. Of course you will also need to ensure your chosen company name is still available for you to register.
From there, you can follow these steps:
- Prepare your documents and make the payment
- Reserve your business name
- Receive approval
- Apply for your visa
- Receive visa
It’s important to remember that in addition to the above, there may well be industry-specific requirements you need to meet. In all cases, speaking with a company formation expert means that they can guide you through the exact requirements, so you can set up not just quickly, but remain fully compliant throughout.
Cost of starting a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
The cost of a starting consulting business depends on the size of your company, the specific business activities you intend to carry out, and so on. But you’re looking at around AED 20,000 as a starter price.
As always, contact Creative Zone for the latest pricing information, and to ensure you get a tailored price for your consulting business that fits your exact requirements.
Documents required to start a consulting business in Dubai, UAE
The documents required are:
- Completed application form
- Passport copy of the proposed owner or owners
- 2 colour passport size photos
There may be other industry-specific documents required, and a company formation specialist can work with you to ensure you have everything ready prior to making your application, to avoid any delays in processing.
Working with Creative Zone
When you’re looking to set up a new company, or even as a freelancer, you can be sure what you’re getting from Creative Zone is the latest, up-to-date info from people who deal with this every day.
While the setup process can be somewhat stressful, you can fast-track it by working with a company formation specialist. It’s the quickest way to get set up in the UAE, letting us take care of all the details and ensuring your application is free from errors.
We can also help you with opening a corporate bank account and also offer important advice on the type of financial institution that would best suit your requirements.
Here at Creative Zone, we offer you the best solutions to start your company in the UAE. You get fast, reliable and unbiased advice on your unique business setup requirements. We can help you choose the right kind of license for your chosen business activity/activities and take you through the entire process from start to finish.
You can let us deal with the hassle of registering a company while you focus on your business. And working with us means you get the best budget friendly and cost-effective solution to help make your business dream a reality.
Over 10 years, Creative Zone has helped over 36,000 entrepreneurs set up their businesses. Whether it be a mainland business setup, offshore company setup, free zone company setup or issuing of trade licenses and any related activity for registering a company, Creative Zone is your one-stop-shop.