Fujairah Creative City Free Zone
Fujairah Creative City Free Zone
Fujairah Creative City Free Zone was established in 2005 under the chairmanship of His Highness Sheikh Rashid Bin Hamad Al Sharqi. Creative City widely caters to the creative fields such as media, events, consulting, education, communication and marketing, music and entertainment, design, and technology. It boasts a long-standing reputation as one of the most established free zones in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Fujairah Creative City Free Zone’s diverse ecosystem of different nationalities and background make it an ideal starting point for budding entrepreneurs who are yet to find their niche in the entrepreneurial landscape of the UAE. Setting up your business in the Free Zone through CREATIVE ZONE ensures that your startup receives the necessary support and added value.
Benefits of Setting up in Fujairah Creative City
Free Zone Company setup options starting from AED 15,625 per year (inclusive of VAT)
Physical presence in the UAE not required to incorporate your new company
No paid-up share capital or annual audit
100% repatriation of Capital and Profits
All company documentation issued within days
Allocation of 6 UAE residency visas
Information Services Intellectual Property Services
International Copyright Collection Agency
Marketing Research Services News Agency
Risk Management Strategy Advisory Services
Strategy Planning Consultancy
Translation Services Copywriting Services
Business Research Consultancy
Business Advisory Services
Communication Consultancy Engineering Consultancy
Lifestyle Consultancy Logistics Consultancy
Real Estate Consultancy PR Consultancy
Commercial Interior Design
Concept & Design Consultancy Concept & Design Consultancy
Concept & Design Services
Digital Design Fashion Design Consultancy
Fashion Design Services
Graphic Design Interior Design Consultancy
Interior Design Services
Space Planning Design Video Design Service
Video Production Videography
Education Services Education Training
Lifestyle Consultancy & Training
Online Education** Performing Arts Training
Conferences Organizing and Management
Event Management Event Organizing
Event Ticketing Exhibition Organization and Management
Festival Organization and Management
Live Theatrical Shows Management and Promotion
Art Production & Distribution Film Production
Film Production & Distribution
Investment Consultancy Legal Consultancy
Human Resource Services
Internet Services IT Consultancy
IT Security Management
IT Services IT Solutions
IT Strategy Services
Media Technology Network Management Services
Digital Media Services
Interactive Services Media Archiving & Distribution
Media Content Production
Media Equipment Rental Media Monitoring
Media Services Media Support Services
New Media Services Online Marketing Services
Software Development Management
System Development Management Technical Services
Performing Arts Management
Program Management Programmed Management
Project Management Consultancy
Project Management Services Property Management Services
Marketing Research Consultancy
Marketing Services Media & Marketing Consultancy
Media & Marketing Services
Media Consultancy Media Representation
Press Services Public Relations Agency
Specialty Communication & PR
Music Label & Rights Management
Music Production & Recordings Music Promotion & Management
Music Training Theme Parks Management
Online & Electronic Content
Social Media Services
Travel & Tourism Consultancy
Submit application forms along with the signed Articles of Incorporation and Lease Agreement (if applicable) to CREATIVE ZONE and make payment. Pre-approval commences at this stage.
Your dedicated phone number is activated and the details are provided to you by the business centre along with details of your address.
Trade License released by the Free Zone and scanned copy of the original will be sent to you via email. You may start operating your company from this point.
Original Trade License, Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Incorporation, Share Certificate, Lease Agreement (if applicable) and Company Stamp are available for collection at CREATIVE ZONE.
Organise meeting with banker armed with your original company documents, passport and company stamp.
Pre-approval is granted. Company immigration card application will be submitted to immigration for processing.
Company electronic immigration card is issued. Make payment to CREATIVE ZONE for E-Channel Registration.
Trade License/Immigration Card is registered with the E-Channel system.
Complete and submit visa application forms and supporting documents and passport photos to CREATIVE ZONE.
Print your colored Electronic Entry Visa and carry out change of status (In/Out Stamp) either by exiting and re-entering the country i.e. by driving to the Hatta/Oman border (if applicable), or make a payment to CREATIVE ZONE to carry out the same without having to leave the country.
- If the change of status is completed within the 30-day grace period following the cancellation of your previous residency visa or prior to the expiry of your tourist visa or visit visa or visa on arrival, you will not incur any overstay fines.
- Any overstay fines that you may be incurring will continue until you complete the change of status.
- Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, and are not from one of the 56 countries that are granted a visa on arrival (please contact us for a full list of the same) and are entering the UAE on your new entry visa, which will constitute your change of status, please be sure to contact your airline prior to travelling, as many airlines will need to see a copy of your entry visa prior to travel in order to verify the same and then upload a copy of the visa onto their system, and provide you with an ‘OK to Board’. The same would apply if you are inside the country when the visa is issued, and plan to exit the country with your visa in hand, and then re-enter the UAE by air.
Once you have carried out your change of status you will NOT be able to exit the country until your residency visa process has been completed
Proceed to Al Baraha Hospital or Al Karama Medical Fitness Express Service Center in Dubai for your Emirates ID Card process followed by your medical test - if this is your first visa and first Emirates ID, you will need to carry out your Emirates ID card process in Fujairah.
Collect medical test results from Al Baraha Hospital or Al Karama Medical Fitness Express Service Centre in Dubai and deliver the same to CREATIVE ZONE offices along with your passport, completed signed and stamped original employment contract, Emirates ID card receipt, entry visa (with change of status stamp) along with 8 alternate passport size photos on white background, all of which will be submitted to immigration for residency stamping.
Passport is released by immigration stamped with your Residency Visa. A scanned copy of your Residency Visa will be emailed to you.
Your passport is available for collection at CREATIVE ZONE.
- The above timelines correlate to working days not calendar days.
- The above timelines are collated based on the average processing times over the previous 3 months and hence are not exact and in reality, may be shorter or longer.
- Applications are submitted for processing and indicated timelines commence upon realization of payment.
- In the event Fujairah Immigration requests for all shareholder’s photographs for the immigration card application, you will experience delays for both your Immigration Card pre-approval and application.
- There will be instances where the Unified Number is requested during the company incorporation process. For GCC Nationals, you will need to personally visit the main or airport terminal 3 immigration offices to obtain your Unified Number report.
- The cut-off time for any application (except visa related applications and activities related to education) to be submitted/received and payments to be received/released is 1 PM, anything received after this time will be considered towards the following working day.
- Please note that we are legally obliged to keep the applicant notified of all steps and progress reports concerning their visa process and release the visa and passport directly to them unless they instruct us otherwise. We will not be able to release the passport or visa to anyone else, including the company owner/s, unless expressly directed to do so by the applicant.
- All visa-related applications have to be submitted to the Free Zone and immigration with the original forms signed by the applicant, hence all visa related applications and cleared payments submitted to/received by CREATIVE ZONE at any time (even before 1 PM) will always be considered towards the following working day.
- Should you choose to cancel or abort your visa process at any stage or let your entry visa expire or lapse, you will not be eligible for any refund – the whole visa process will need to be restarted and a fresh payment made.
- If your application gets returned due to pending documents (i.e. cancelled UAE Residence Visa, etc.), immigration will grant you only 10 working days to complete and re-submit the application. Non- compliance of the same will result in the application being rejected and the full visa fees will need to be repaid to restart the application.
- During periods in and around Ramadan, days of mourning, Eid and other National and Religious Holidays the indicated timelines are likely to become subject to delays.
- Any overstay fines will have to be paid prior to your entry visa being issued – at the time of paying the overstay fines, you will incur an admin fee of AED 260 plus typing fees. Once the fines are paid and the entry visa issued, you MUST do an in-country change of status and possible fines would have to be paid from the day the visa is issued until the change of status is completed. You will not be able to carry out the change of status by exiting and re-entering the country either by land or air as you will again pay the overstaying fines previously paid.
- If you are out of the country when your entry visa is issued, you will need to enter the country on your new entry visa, you will NOT be allowed to enter the country on a tourist visa or visit visa or visa on arrival.
- In order to maintain your UAE residency, you will need to enter the country at least once every 180 calendar days.
- Change of status (in/out stamp) would need to be carried out prior to proceeding for your Emirates ID Card.
- Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, and are not from one of the 56 countries that are granted a visa on arrival (please contact us for a full list of the same) and are entering the UAE on your new entry visa, which will constitute your change of status, please be sure to contact your airline prior to travelling, as many airlines will need to see a copy of your entry visa prior to travel in order to verify the same and then upload a copy of the visa onto their system, and provide you with an ‘OK to Board’. The same would apply if you are inside the country when the visa is issued, and plan to exit the country with your visa in hand and then re-enter the UAE by air.
- Furthermore, when you are entering the country on your new entry visa, please ensure you carry out your eye scan at the airport on arrival and ensure the immigration official stamps the entry visa as well as your passport. Do NOT enter on your e-gate card.
- Once you complete your change of status you will NOT be able to travel outside of the UAE until your passport has been stamped with your residency visa.
- The visa process for certain nationalities may be longer than the timelines indicated above.
- The labor card is often NOT released at the same time as the passport after residency stamping. If it isn’t released at the same time as the passport after residency stamping, it will be released within 70 calendar days thereafter.
- For certain nationalities immigration have been known to request your birth certificate and/or an attested copy of your passport and/or the original passport for sighting prior to approving the issuance of the entry visa.
- Should you have a visa application under process and wish to travel in and out of the UAE, and are a national of one of the 56 countries who are granted visit visas on arrival, please contact us before re-entering the UAE, as if your visa application has cleared security approval, you may have to wait until your new employment visa has been issued and to re-enter the UAE using the same.
- Even if your place of birth and nationality isn’t from one of the restricted countries but your name is deemed to have originated from one of those countries, you will experience delays and possible rejection for both your Immigration Card and visa release.
- On occasion delays may be caused at the time of your Entry Visa release, due to ‘un-cleared previous visit visas’ this can occur when a national of one of the 56 countries granted a visit visa on arrival may have previously entered the UAE at one entry point i.e. Abu Dhabi airport and exited from another i.e. Dubai Airport etc. and the exit hadn’t been updated in the Immigration system.
- Timeline for passport and Emirates ID issuance remains the same, even if assistance for the medical test and Emirates ID application is provided. This does not expedite the Emirates ID and passport stamping process.
- Please note that only an Electronic Immigration Card is issued and no physical card will be available.
- If you have lost/surrendered your Emirates ID and don’t have a copy of both sides, kindly submit a copy of your passport with the previous visa and 1 passport sized photo to an authorized Emirates ID Authority Typing Centre. They will then forward the same to the Emirates ID Authority with a request to obtain your previous Emirates ID Card number which will be required in order to type the Emirates ID Card renewal application. The response time for obtaining the previous Emirates ID Card number from the Emirates ID Authority normally takes less than 1 business day.
- Your Trade License start date will be day 1 of the timeline.
- You will NOT be able to open your company bank account in absentia – all relevant parties will need to be physically present in the UAE when meeting with the banker.
- Please note that your company immigration card cannot be renewed until the E-Channel registration is renewed.