The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been successfully implementing strategies to attract foreign investment, entrepreneurs, and highly skilled individuals. One of the noteworthy initiatives launched by the UAE is the Golden Visa program, which has played a vital role in positioning the country as a leading destination for conducting business.
In this article, we will talk about the latest updates with regards to Abu Dhabi and Dubai’s golden visa as well as the following topics:
- Benefits of Abu Dhabi and Dubai Golden Visa
- Eligible individuals who can apply for an Abu Dhabi or Dubai Golden Visa
- Cost of getting an Abu Dhabi or Dubai Golden Visa
- Is this the right time to apply for a UAE Golden Visa?
What are the benefits of Abu Dhabi and Dubai Golden Visa Benefits?
The Golden Visa program underwent significant changes in 2022, expanding to attract more individuals and offer additional benefits, including the following:
Long-term residency: Both the Dubai and Abu Dhabi Golden Visa programs offer 5–10-year residency visas that can be renewed, giving individuals ample time to settle and establish businesses in UAE.
No local sponsorship required: The Dubai and Abu Dhabi Golden Visa program does not require sponsorship from an employer or a family member, which means that individuals can apply for the visa directly without a UAE national partner.
Travel benefits: With Abu Dhabi and Dubai Golden Visas, individuals can travel freely in and out of the country without requiring additional visas, saving valuable time and money.
Family Sponsorship: Abu Dhabi and Dubai Golden Visa program allows individuals to sponsor their family members (spouse, children, parents), allowing them to reside together in the UAE.
High-quality living: Obtaining an Abu Dhabi or Dubai Golden Visa grants access to world-class local services in the UAE, including education, healthcare, and social services.
Diverse business opportunities: The Dubai and Abu Dhabi Golden Visa programs offer exceptional business opportunities with tax incentives and strategic location for global trade.
Who are eligible for the Abu Dhabi and Dubai Golden Visa?
As mentioned, the UAE’s Golden Visa program has been expanded to include a broader range of individuals.
The list below outlines eligible applicants who can apply for long-term residency visa in the UAE.
Entrepreneurs who own a technical or innovative economic project with a risk-based approach may qualify for a Golden Visa valid for 5 years. To be eligible, they must obtain approval letters from the following:
- A UAE-based auditor who confirms that the project value is not less than AED 500,000.
- Emirate authorities who certify that the project has a technical or innovative nature.
- An accredited business incubator in the UAE to establish the proposed activity in the country.
Real Estate Investors
Real estate investors can qualify for a renewable Golden visa for 5 years without a sponsor, provided they meet the following conditions:
- A letter from the land department of the relevant emirate confirming ownership of one or more properties valued at AED 2 million or more.
- Purchase of a property using a loan from select local banks approved by the relevant authority.
Investors in public investments
Investors in an investment fund may be eligible for a ten-year Golden Visa without a sponsor, provided they fulfill the following requirements:
- Letter from a UAE-accredited investment fund that confirms the investor has a deposit of at least AED 2 million.
- Valid commercial or industrial license and a memorandum of association that confirms the investor’s capital is not less than AED 2 million.
- Letter from the Federal Tax Authority stating that the investor has paid the government no less than AED 250,000 annually.
- 100% ownership of the invested capital (not loan)
- Proof of medical insurance for himself and family (if any).
Doctors and scientists
- Doctors must obtain an approval letter from the Ministry of Health and Prevention in the UAE to practice medicine.
- Scientists must provide a letter of recommendation from the Emirates Council of Scientists or a letter from the Secretariat of the Mohammed bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence stating that they have been awarded the Medal of Scientific Excellence.
To qualify as an inventor, you must provide a recommendation letter from the Ministry of Economy confirming that your patent has contributed to the country’s economy.
Creative people in the fields of culture and art
Creative individuals in the fields of culture and art must obtain an approval letter from the Department of Culture and Arts in their respective emirate.
To qualify as an Executive Director, the following requirements must be met:
- University degree accredited by the Ministry of Education, with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- A letter confirming at least 5 years of experience in the same position.
- A salary certificate demonstrating a minimum salary of AED 50,000.
- Valid work contract.
For Athletes, a recommendation letter from the General Sports Authority or one of the sports councils is required.
Specialists in engineering and science
Specialists in engineering and science must provide a certified copy of their bachelor’s or master’s degree from the Ministry of Education, as well as a work contract.
Subjects relating to engineering and science include:
- epidemiology and viruses
- artificial intelligence
- big data
- computer engineering
- electronic engineering
- software engineering
- electrical engineering
- genetics and biotechnology engineering
Outstanding students can obtain a Golden visa in the UAE, with varying requirements based on their level of education:
- National-level high school toppers with a grade of 95% or above can apply for a 5-year Golden visa without a sponsor if recommended by the Ministry of Education.
- Outstanding university students can apply for a 10-year Golden visa, with a recommendation letter from their A or B-rated university or a graduation certificate with a GPA of 3.5 or higher (A class universities) and 3.8 or higher (B class universities).
- Foreign university students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher, who graduated from a top 100 global university within the last two years, can apply for a 10-year Golden visa as long as their graduation certificate is accredited by the Ministry of Education
Pioneers of humanitarian work
To get a 10-year Golden visa as a humanitarian pioneer, you must meet one of these criteria:
- Worked for international or regional organizations, or civil associations for at least 5 years as a member or outstanding employee.
- Received an appreciation award from a local, regional or international organization that focuses on humanitarian work.
- Funded humanitarian work worth at least two million UAE dirhams or its equivalent.
Frontline heroes in crises like COVID-19 may receive a Golden visa with a recommendation from a qualified authority. Eligible heroes include nurses, medical assistants, lab technicians, pharmacologists, and other approved cadres recognized by the Frontline Heroes Office.
Cost of getting an Abu Dhabi or Dubai Golden Visa
The cost of the Abu Dhabi and Dubai Golden Visa varies depending on the visa category and service type. If you’re looking for a hassle-free visa application, Creative Zone is here to assist you. We offer seamless and cost-effective visa application through a range of packages and flexible payment options to meet your needs and budget.
Consult one of our business experts today to start your journey in the UAE.
Is now the right time to apply for a UAE Golden Visa?
There is no better time to apply for an Abu Dhabi or Dubai Golden Visa than today. Despite some economic challenges, the UAE has continued to be among the leading choices for expats, investors, and entrepreneurs, owing to its strong economy backed up by unwavering government support.
With this in mind, don’t miss out on the chance to be part of a community that values success and growth. Submit your application today and take the first step towards a bright future in the UAE.
Head to the link to apply now!