How to apply for 90-day visit visa for friends and family in the UAE
The application process, documents, service cost, and security deposit requirements explained
Dubai: UAE residents planning to invite their friends or family to the country can apply for a 90-day single or multiple-entry visit visa through the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP).
This service can be accessed by residents if they have a residence visa issued in the emirates of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, or Umm Al Quwain.
Here are the details.
Where can I apply for the 90-day visit visa?
The visa application can be made through three channels:
- The ICP Smart Services website: smartservices.icp.gov.ae
- The ICP mobile app – ‘UAEICP’, is available for Apple and Android devices.
- A typing center authorized by ICP – you can find the list of approved typing centers in each Emirate by visiting this link: https://icp.gov.ae/en/typing-offices/
If you are planning to apply for the visa for your family member or a friend, you would need to submit the following documents:
• Recent passport-size colored photograph of the relative or friend.
• Proof of kinship (birth or marriage certificate) – this is required in case you are sponsoring your family member’s visit visa.
• A copy of the relative’s or friend’s valid passport.
• A copy of your Emirates ID.
• Proof of residence for the sponsored. Here you may be able to provide your rental contract or details of the hotel reservation for the relative or friend.
• Copy of the return ticket.
According to the ICP, you may be asked to provide additional documents, depending on the information entered in the application.
90-day visit visa cost?
As per ICP, the final cost of the visa would depend on the application details and the sponsor must pay a security deposit. Here is an estimated cost breakdown, as per the authority:
• Security deposit: Dh1,025
• Request fees: Dh100
• Issue fees: Dh300
• E-services fees: Dh28
• ICP fees: Dh22
• Smart services fee: Dh100
How to apply for the 3-month visa online
To apply for the visit visa through the ICP Smart Services platform, you must first visit this link: https://smartservices.icp.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/login and follow the steps below:
- Log in using your UAE Pass, or through an ICP online account, if you already have one.
- Once you are logged in, you will be transferred to a personal dashboard on the app.
- Next, click on the ICP department in your Emirate, for example – Federal Authority For Identity and CitizenshipAbu Dhabi or Sharjah.
- Then, search for the ‘Visit Visa For Friend or Relative 90 Days (Single Entry) – Issue’ in the search bar. The service will appear below.
- Click on ‘Start Service’
- Fill in the application and upload the required documents.
- Next, pay the service fee using a credit or debit card.
Once you have made the payment, you will receive a confirmation from ICP that the application has been submitted. According to the ICP call center – 600522222, it will take approximately two to five business days for a visit visa to be issued, once approved. You will receive an e-visa at your the email address that you have provided in the application form.
In the Media: